Friday, August 15, 2008

soaking it in


This is a picture of Tres and me back in high school. If you would have told us then what our lives would be like now I'm pretty sure we would have laughed out loud and told you that you were crazy...

Today Tres and I decided to be brave and go grocery shopping with both kids. Surprisingly, they did great and we finished in record time! Driving away I couldn't help but laugh with Tres at how our life has turned out. At 21 and 22 we have 2 children, a "family" car, and our idea of a nice night out consists of dairy queen with the kids and talking about how good the new seat protector looks on the back seat.
With one kid you can push a stroller and still feel like you look semi cool and hip, but that is not the case with a double stroller. It's big and bulky, and screams "I watch Barney and Dora all day long". The music in our car has gone from top 40 to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and "If You're Happy And You Know It".

When I pictured our life together I would have never in a million years imagined us married with 2 children and living in Alaska of all places, but to tell you the truth I wouldn't have it any other way. God has blessed us so much. His way truly is greater than anything we could ever dream up. This is definitely not the life I expected, but I am soaking in every minute of it.

1 comment:

Katie said...

welcome to blogspot! ethans a cutie and so is your family! :)